Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Forgotten Breakfast & Sweet Yam "Fries"

It's a rookie mistake for a food blogger to actually eat breakfast while its still hot. :p

Good afternoon! Although it completely still feels like morning to me.

This morning, I took my hubby to work so I could use the car today. I need to run a few errands and it's not the easiest thing in the world to find someone to cart me around (or walk).

I was a bad blogger this morning. I forgot to take a picture of my breakfast!!! It was an ezekiel muffin with crunch pb. You've seen it a million times on my blog, but if you missed it. It looks like this or this or this. :D

After breakfast, I took the hubs to work, which is an hour round trip (ugh). After, I came home to work my butt off. Here's a pic of my dining room/office. Just for kicks.




Around 10:30, I was hungry again. I had a hummus plate alongside a Starbucks tea that exploded in my microwave. Boo hiss...



My hummus plate included fresh parsley hummus from Vine Ripe, pretzels, and a pepperjack stick.




My lunch is going to be partly in this post and partly in tonight's post. If I have time to do 3 posts, I will, but it's looking doubtful. I was inspired by a fellow blogger to make baked yam fries. Unfortunately, I don't remember which blogger inspired me. :( I would totally have given you a shout out. My apologies.



Don't you love the fresh color of a yam? I bought a bag of 8 yams for 99 cents. Go me!



I tossed the yam tots with a drop of EVOO, some sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and smoky red pepper.




Then, I bake them for a long time at a really hot a$$ temperature.



This is what a hot a$$ temperature looks like.

No, but really... How long I bake them depends on how they look at 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, I flip them and then put them in for 15-20 minutes more. I like mine BROWN, almost black. Yum!

We had a leftover chicken patty last night, so I'm going to have a bunless burger alongside my sweet yam fries. Yay for yam fries!

What's your favorite starchy vegetable? I'd have to say yams/sweet potatoes are pretty high on my list.

-----------------
One more day on the EMW Contest.

Oh, and Carrots and Cake is also doing a contest. A much cooler one actually. Check it out. :p

Also, a contest at Marlene on the Run. Awesome jewelry giveaway.

3 comments:

  1. I really really LOVE your desk set up! Looks great.

    My fave starchy vegetables are definitely sweet potatoes and I usually eat them chopped and baked. They also taste pretty good mashed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog! Added it to my Google Reader and can't wait to see more from you.

    My fave starchy veggie is DEFINITELY sweet potato. No matter how it's cooked, I love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desk area is so cute and organized. I need to add some shelving to my life asap! Hummus plates are pretty much the best things ever... everything tastes better dipped in hummus!

    My fave starchy veg are white potatoes! i know they aren't the healthiest but i love them :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!