Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Black Eyed Peas, No Fergie

Okay, so... You know how I said I hoped to make my lunch an actual hour?... How's four or five... Yes... I'm bad. I actually let my friend drag me (Drag? Ya right.) to the mall. We gabbed and shopped. Booooo. So, it was a short work day, which means a combined post.

However, a combined post makes sense because I had the same thing for lunch and dinner, with the exception of the accessories. I knew I wanted to make black eyed pea patties since Kath over at Kath Eats made them. My family is from the south, so it's right up my alley anywho.

I would have liked to use chopped kale or collards. However, I had red leaf spinach on hand, so spinach it was. I broke up spinach into small pieces in a large bowl.

Photobucket

Drained and rinsed two cans of black eyed peas (the pea, not the group).

Photobucket

Then, I just sort-of smashed it all together, along with two medium eggs.

Photobucket

I cooked the patties in EVOO, and made salads while they fried.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The final product before my friend Jess "whisked" me away from my work.

Photobucket

For dinner, I served the patties with parmesan cheese, alongside green beans and vermicelli rice.

Photobucket

I'm full as a tick! It's 7:40pm, and I think I still have a couple hours of work yet to do tonight. Yaaaaayyyy. :p

Toodles!!!

--

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring blog! I just found you through Eat Live Run - the title caught my eye as I love to write and dream of doing it for a living...hence, I really like that Buddha quote you have on your side-bar...something I must take more action on...patties look good ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yum-yum! Now my stomach's grumbling because I actually forgot that I haven't eaten yet. Bad!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!