Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Move

Hi again. This is an update. I still move. Still love that guy. Actually moved to Portland, OR, where we now live. It's awesome. Want to hear my ever so dramatic (not nearly as much as I once thought) story as I wrote it when starting this site? Cool. Here it is...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
movement. -noun. a series of actions or activities intended or tending toward a particular end.

By belief in absolutes you deny all movement, evolutionary or otherwise. When change occurs, your universe collapses.

Hi. I'm Jasmine. I'm 27 years old, and in that short time my universe has collapsed a couple times already. Sounds dramatic, huh? At the age of 20, I got married. At the age of 22, I was 343 pounds. At the age of 24, I was 142 pounds. That same year, I was divorced. 

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. 

Twenty-five days after my divorce, my friend introduced me to a boy. And, I liked him a lot. A whole lot.



I was divorced, bitter, and working at destroying my body with binge, purge, and water pills. It wasn't the right time. Our relationship was tumultuous, at best. I knew I needed to change.

For the first time in my life I wanted to figure out who I was without all the crutches I'd used in my life. Namely, food and men.

I threw my clothes and shoes in my blue PT Cruiser and set off into the sunset. Literally.



In 2007, I dedicated myself to positive, forward movement. I left my homestate of Indiana and started a new life in California. I built that life brick-by-brick on my own. I was alone, and finally, that was okay.

All things change, nothing is extinguished. There is nothing in the whole world which is permanent. Everything flows onward; all things are brought into being with a changing nature; the ages themselves glide by in constant movement.

Since that time, change has been the name of the game.

The boy followed me. Yes, that's right. Six months later, he joined me in Cali. Just as you can't escape change, there are certain fates that will follow you no matter how you cast them off.


In March 2009, Ryan and I married. He is my hero, my biggest fan, and the best, most positive example of a person dedicated to forward movement I've ever known.


 Change is not always growth
just as movement is not always progress.


The job I took when I first came to California was a corporate marketing job. After two years, I knew it wasn't the right place for me. They say to follow your bliss, and the stress and structure was dangerous to my creativity. I am now a self-employed freelance writer, and I absolutely love it.

I'm also a student. Dietetics. I love nutrition, and I sincerely want to help the super morbidly obese. It was the darkest place I've ever known. I want to "pay it forward" by living a life that makes a difference.


So, like I said, I'm dedicated to forward, positive movement in my life. That means mental, emotional, and physical movement. I strive for daily exercise, even if that's just a walk. There was a time in my life when hours in the gym was a possibility. I have more important priorities now.

I have committed to live the life I love, and right now I don't love hours upon hours in the gym.What I do love is spending time with my husband, reading, writing, blogging, and staying physically active in whatever ways my heart desires.

If you wanna make the world a better place,
take a look at yourself and make a change.




 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





7 comments:

  1. Your story is so touching. I am really proud of you! Sharing is such a great way of giving back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story! So glad you found happiness =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! So happy that you came to California (I am in Los Angeles)...you have accomplished so much! I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story and you have such a great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly amazed at your story and inspired by you!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    isela

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah if you are in love with someone then take care of that every man has desire her wife is looking smart and attractive so i appreciate your efforts for losing weight.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!