Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Productive Day, Yummy Lunch

Hey friends... How is your day? Mine has been very productive! I'm on a quickie lunch break and then back to work for two more hours.

This morning started off well with two pieces of whole wheat toast with Smuckers Simply Fruit Blackberry spread and some scrambled eggbeaters.

Photobucket

I worked 8-1 at the office today, so I brought snacks. I usually have a snack around 9:30-10. Today, it was an apple and a frigo light cheese stick. You would think I could wait then until I get home, but no. At noon or so, my belly rumbles again. At noon, I had an Oikos honey greek yogurt and a trail mix bar. (Don't forget to check out my Oikos Greek Yogurt review!)

Photobucket

By the time I got home today, it was 1:30. I thought about making eggs, but I had that for breakfast. I considered a sandwich, but I had toast for breakfast, too. So, I decided to make myself a turkey/cheese/spinach wrap. These are one of my very favorite combinations! Yum!

Use a whole wheat tortilla (mine are only 80 cals) and spread it with red pepper hummus (or baba ganoush).

Photobucket

Layer on fresh spinach, turkey and cheese (low fat swiss today).

Photobucket
Photobucket

Wrap. The key to this wrap is the envelope wrap.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Bake at 350 for like 7 minutes. Just so the cheese melts. SO good. Yum!

Well, time to get back to work. Be sure to check back later for this week's edition of Hubby in the Kitchen to see what my man whips up tonight.

xoxo
-Mrs. Myers

5 comments:

  1. Love me some wraps, but it never dawned on me to heat it up. Hmmmmmmmm. Ya learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never put hummus on a wrap then heated it. Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so creative! I love the idea! Thanks for the warm lunch idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, good idea for a yummy lunch! Hope you've had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!