Monday, July 20, 2009

Bruschetta Tilapia... C'est Magnifique!

At tonight's dinner, the star of the show was the Mixed Vegetable Bruschetta I got from Miss Angie.
Photobucket

I decided to take your wise bloggie advice and use it on some tilapia fillets. Tilapia is a wonder fish. It's fish, and my husband eats it. Yay! So, first I seasoned our little friends. (I make three, so that hubby has a yummy lunch for the next day.) Don't they look naked?!?

Photobucket

Next, I layered on about a tablespoon of bruschetta (drained of the oil a bit) onto each fishie.

Photobucket

Then I baked at 450 for 15 minutes. I know technically it isn't necessary to bake fish this long at this high a temp, but I'm paranoid. I can't help it.

Along with the fish, I made brown rice. I always cook my brown rice in half water, half broth (veggie broth tonight) and I generally throw in some random frozen veggie. Tonight, it was okra.

Photobucket

I also made a side of steamed broccoli, which is my favorite veggie, along with its cousin Cauliflower (the veggie, not the dog). ;)

Photobucket

Tadaaaaaa! Easy meal. Love it. The bruschetta made a fantastic fish topping. The veggies taste pickled and lend a nice flavor to a fish that, to me, is fairly bland. Excellent!

Other than possibly grabbing a few strawbabies for dessert, that's it for tonight. Stick a fork in me... in that strictly proverbial way, of course.

Night night,
-Mrs. Myers

7 comments:

  1. Your dinner did look magnifique! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! I love tilapia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that topping - it is absolutely fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always see that topping at TJ's - i need to try that. with the tilapia, it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful. Good enough to eat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM - looks delicious! What a great idea! I'll have to try it!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!