Monday, February 1, 2010

Leftover Walnut Gorgonzola: The Best Lunch EVER

I have a love affair with leftovers if you haven't noticed...

Today was an extremely productive day. I kicked it off with a typical PB&J Ezekiel.



Yes, I had breakfast in bed again. I didn't really have much down time this weekend, so I spent the morning snuggled under the covers while I worked. Sometimes, that can be just as productive.

I had a snack around 10:30. Pretzels, a cheesestick, and yogurt.



This really stuck with me. I didn't end up eating lunch until 1pm. I had the leftovers from Alexander's.



I added some parmesan after this picture, and it was so pretty, I snapped another one for you.



I really wish I had leftovers from last night's Tempeh Shepherd's Pie. That was the stuff that foodie dreams are made of.

I had intended to made a crockpot dinner for tonight because I have class until 6:45, but it's 4pm. I'm fairly certain nothing is going to be able to cook in like 3 hours. So... dinner is up in the air. Stay tuned!

What is your favorite crockpot recipe? Post it here. I'm sure all the readers will be very grateful! I'll use the crockpot this week, and I'll post one then.

5 comments:

  1. I too like leftovers but my husband doesn't :(

    I love just doing some BBQ sauce and chicken in the crockpot. Then we usually shred it and make BBQ chicken sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cobalt blue plate! I recently got a couple blue dishes and I love the way my food looks on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could work from bed! That's sounds pretty delish...

    I usually just pop a roast of some sort in my crock with spices and some broth. Then we flavour it up the way we want on our plates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a crockpot somewhere still in its box that I got as a wedding gift. I always think about using it, but I never have.
    I can't be bothered to (or maybe I'm just not interested in )prepping dinner in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB&J sandwiches make for a really hearty, yummy treat. I love yogurt, too.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!