Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Heart Saturdays

It's Saturday again! My favorite.

I had a writers workshop today, so I'm just getting around to blogging.

Last night, we had dinner with Ryan's friend, Kelcey. I made Peanut Chicken and Tofu again. Recipe here.




This morning, I had an egg and cheese breakfast sammy.


Then, I ran off to my workshop. Always fun. We did some fun prompts. One of them was a poetry prompt. I wrote my first haiku ever.

empty and blind she
lived under a tree that grew
fruits she could not eat

I'm not the best poet, actually, but it was fun.

Afterwards, I picked up Ryan and we went to see the new apartment. The woman that was living there just moved out, so it was finally empty.

Here's the view out my new office window.



Big "apartment yard" that needs a ton of work, but we're so excited about it!




I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds. We shall see. I hope your weekend is going great!


Do you write or read poetry?





6 comments:

  1. Nope...I don't really care for reading poetry...and I don't write anything :) Your haiku was pretty good for your first though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, i really really admire you. Great stuff. And you all look happy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful! And I don't really write a lot of poetry and I don't read it often but I always love finding that poem that's a "gem" and really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome new view! Hope you have fun getting your yard in order. I love outdoor projects like that. I was never a great creative writer. I had to write and read poetry for a few classes, but my degrees both fall under the non-creative writing tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of yard work! Good luck on getting that sorted out. :) And that's pretty good haiku; you should try writing a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that haiku. Please share more of your poetry.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!