Friday, February 5, 2010

From Breakfast to Dinner, Oh and I Hate Taxes!!!

America is a land of taxation that was founded to avoid taxation...

I have a particular aversion to numbers. Unless those numbers relate to food. If I'm doing an equation that involves calories, pounds, etc etc, I'm fine, but when it comes to my money, it stress me OUT. [Pulls hair out in anxiety.]

I started off the day well.


I had a whole wheat english muffin with 1/2 PB and raisins and 1/2 jam. Did you know my mom calls me Jam or Jammie? I have no idea why I told you guys that, but there ya go. Learn something new everyday.

This held me over to lunch, when I had leftover Fiesta Chicken on a green salad.





After lunch, it all went downhill. I didn't realize how stressed I was about taxes until I started to binge. I don't binge like I used to, but I have "binge-y" behaviors that I recognize as unhealthy. Especially since sometimes I can't remember what I ate. Ya. Not healthy. I know there were some pretzels and a cheesestick in there, but then more pretzels, and after that I don't know. It happens.

Every day is a new day.

Dinner tonight was burgers and green beans. I cooked up some of the all natural chicken patties I buy from the 99 Cent Store and just some canned green beans. I stopped by Vons to get sandwich thins. That store was SO busy. Everyone was stocking up on Super Bowl goodies. Go Colts!!!



I always make extras for leftovers.




I toasted our sandwich thins, which is always difficult. They are too thin, really, for the toaster. One of my halves got stuck and it took toaster surgery to get it out. Gr!



It was worth it, I suppose, because these little chicken patties are so tasty on the sandwich thins.



Now, I'm about to curl up with a new book. I'm going to quit working for tonight. I think I really need a relaxing evening, even if it means working some this weekend. Sometimes, relaxation is just required.

What do you like to do on Friday nights? Relax or go out and celebrate the weekend?

I hope you're having a wonderful Friday night!!!


9 comments:

  1. I like both! Depends what my week was like. If it was super busy, I think I'd rather stay home, have a nice meal and relax. Otherwise I like going out to our favorite places or discovering new restaurants with the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful we don't do our own taxes here.

    Friday nights for me depend on how I feel, I love relaxing with my friends maybe watching a DVD or with the bf, but I love a good night out too.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love staying home Friday nights...sometimes I just need a breather after the work week!

    Taxes...I can't even begin to worry about that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday night are def all about relaxing for me!

    I find the thins curl when they get toasted in a toaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate toaster surgery! :(
    I like to go out one night per weekend, it varies, other than that, I'm all about the relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Relaxing evenings are totally necessary. Some Fridays I'm in a going out mood, other Fridays I'd much rather keep my couch company and be a bum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fearing taxes! Glad hubby's in charge of those, though!

    Fridays we usually have a drink at home and then go out for a late dinner : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I feel your tax pain! I'm a CPA so I get to deal with everyone else's tax woes. :)

    What I like to do on Friday nights depends on how my week went. I usually like to relax, but can be persuaded to go out -- meaning out to dinner, movie, chill at someone's house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, those patties are the bomb! And since I'm such a homebody, I'd rather stay and unwind at home on Friday nights.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!