Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Meal You Could Eat Every Day & A Super Cute Baby

You know you've made a good meal when someone says they could eat it every day for every meal...

Last night was busy! We babysat our friend's baby.

Meet Chase

We love him. He has tons of personality, always smiling and laughing. He's one of the best babies you'll ever meet. However, this particular night, he was a tad on the sick side and missed his mommy. This unfortunately meant I couldn't get two feet away from him without him screaming.


Since I needed to cook dinner, I improvised.


He sat against the dining room table where he could see me, while still being far enough away from the stove and stuff.

Jess was here, and she helped out too. He was mostly just interested in being in my arms though.


Dinner was AMAZING, but I didn't get to take alot of pictures. I made Peanut Chicken & Tofu with homemade peanut sauce. I used a bag of "stir fry vegetables" that I bought from Vine Ripe.



**Jasmine's Quick Peanut Sauce**
(I'm guessing at amounts here, because I wasn't measuring.)

-3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
-3tbsp low sodium soy
-3/4 cup nonfat milk
-3/4 cup chicken broth
-1/2 tablespoon curry (I put the other half in the meat/veggies.)
-1 teaspoon of Cumin

Directions:
I brought the broth to a slow boil and added in the peanut butter. Using a whisk, I added in all other ingredients with the milk being the last ingredients. Simmer on low and whisk until your chicken and veggies are cooked and ready for the sauce.


I served it over the boil in a bag Success Brown Rice.



Ryan took the baby, so I could eat. Here's my portion. Jess proclaimed this the meal she could eat every day. :) Yay. A success.



Chase refused his peas and brown rice, so all he had was a "ba-ba." He left around 8:30, and we watched Donnie Darko. Fantastic movie!

This morning, I made an egg-white omelet sammy again. Because yesterday's sammy didn't seem to hold me over very well, I thought I'd add in one little Turkey Sausage patty, broken up into pieces. Tasty!




Flip Once.


Flip twice.


Done!


Love it!

Tonight, we are going to the gym together, and then we have another friend coming to dinner. I'm making Tilapia and Red Cabbage Tacos. Stay tuned.

Well, I'm about to pound out some work and then I have an eyebrow wax and pedi this afternoon. Yay! :)

Do you babysit for your friends' children? Do babies stress you out? I love babies. Even though he was sick and fussy, I still loved having him here (so did Ryan). It was cute. The baby is just whining and crying, and Ryan's talking to him so lovingly. lol. We're so ready to be parents. :)

Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. Babies are cute, but stress me out HAHA..Omg he is so adorable!!!!! and the food looks delish! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase is so adorable! And that's a great tofu recipe. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bbaies are beautiful but (unfortunaley) I do not want my ownhat is so nice of you to help out.....
    Have a great night and thanks for visitng my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinner sounds awesome! And the baby is too cute! I love babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love babies-they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bad experience babysitting, so don't do it anymore, I don't mind my friends babies, cousins etc. but don't get broody, yet :)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make my peanut sauce with crunch pb, soy sauce, chicken broth, and some kind of spicy seasoning (sometimes chili paste and sometimes just plain ole hot sauce). So pretty close to the same thing. We eat it over noodles (whole grain), stir fry veggies, and tofu. If you chop up cilantro and sprinkle it on top it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, he's adorable. I'm not really the patient type when it comes to babies, so I'd prolly take a few steps back when they start crying. :D

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!