Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Low Cal Breakfast Sammy

Don't forget! Breakfast is the most important delicious meal of the day...

Yesterday, I picked up some non-Ezekiel english muffins (I needed a change) and a box of egg whites. I actually knew I'd be making this breakfast sandwich when I went to bed last night. When I woke up, my mouth was already watering for my eggwich.






I used a bit of sea salt and pepper to season the egg whites. I fold the "omelet" in half and then I cut the half to stack on my muffin. Like so:





I put a square of 2% cheese on there, but it's not necessary if you're avoiding cheese.





I served my breakfast with a big mug of cocoa. Love it!

Today's agenda was to clean my desk area, which was a disaster. I'm happy to say it's already back in order and I'm moving on to the many writing projects on my docket! I actually love cleaning sometimes. I put on some good music and just do. No thinking involved!

What about you? Which do you prefer? Would you rather do a "thinking" task or a "doing" task?


8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'd probably vote for the doing task. Time tends to fly by when you're actually doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would much rather be doing a "doing" task. Somehow it is easier than me having to think! Plus I can multi-task which is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmine! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I just read your story -- wow, what an inspiration!!

    I love egg sammies too! Did you ever try it with avocado? So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I prefer doing tasks (hmm mostly the eating kind haha). My desk is in desperate need of a cleaning! It's currently covered in drying clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im jealous! I can't ever make a pretty omelet LOL..looks delicious. Your big mug of cocoa is increasing my chocolate cravings. yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the breakfast sandwich! I had one this morning too! It always keeps me fuller than anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to go with the doing task....

    I like to cook my egg whites in the microwave. I just grease a small bowl and nuke away. Then the egg fits the muffin/bagel like a charm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Egg sammies are just perfect with a mug of hot cocoa. I'd have to go with the doing task since it can be a pain to have to keep thinking about things.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!