Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner for One


Tonight, Ryan caught up with some friends after work, so I had the evening to myself after I got out of class. I stopped at Vons on my way home and grabbed a Salmon fillet. He's not a huge fish fan, so it was the perfect night for it. I threw my fillet in a steamer bag (after giving it an EVOO and Garlic massage) and nuked it for the suggested four minutes. It was a little too long, because it kind of exploded. It took away from the beauty of my first real food post, but still, it tasted great (which is all that matters, right?!). I paired it with an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kind of salad. It was spinach, cauliflower, jicama, almond slices, a mandarin orange, a tad of cottage cheese, and a sprinkle of feta with Trader Joe's Orange Champagne Vinegar. Yum!

After my lone dinner, instead of hanging out here to catch up on my bookclub reading, I decided to take advantage of the sunlight and walked up the hill to Starbucks for a skinny latte. It's about a half mile one way, so it was a perfect walk after a delicious meal.

A peaceful night. I hope yours was beautiful too.

-j

P.S. I'm becoming addicted to this blogging thing. I love reading everyone's blogs. It's so motivating. I've stopped my food tracking because I was becoming majorly obsessive-compulsive over it and worrying over ever bite I ate. I'm hoping I can learn to live in moderation and maybe my blog will help that. Balance, balance. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - love your blog! And, totally agree with the balance thing!

    Dinner looked great and I am jealous that you can walk to Starbucks- I'd be in trouble if I could.

    And, I'm totally with you on the addicted to blogging thing- are we weird??

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!