Saturday, June 13, 2009

Big Bear, Big Bear Chase Me


Today, Ryan and I went for our longest run yet. He found a new street route (about 3 miles and with less steep hills to slow us down). I doubt I'll ever become a big runner, but its truthfully something I never thought I could do at all. In fact, not very long ago, if you had asked me, I would have said that if you ever saw me running, you'd best get out the way because something was chasing me (thus, the Big Bear Chase Me quote from one of the best movie's ever The Great Outdoors w/John Candy and Dan Akroid).

Ryan really enjoys running and recently took to street/trail running instead of the treadmill. He asked me to join him, and so I did (mostly walking at first). Running is really super hard for me, mostly psychologically, I think. Finally, I'm breaking through to the point that I enjoy our runs together. It's a great activity for us to share. We've even toyed with the idea of doing a 5K (though I'm not sure how serious we are yet... lol).

So, considering I had already had an early Saturday morning workout before breakfast with an out of town friend (why did we not get pics???), I am feeling pretty proud of myself for that second workout today. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!