It's a beautiful Humpday here in Southern Cali. Dontcha wish your weather was nice like mine? (Don'tcha? Don'tcha Baby?) Yes, that was to the tune of Don'tcha by the Pussycat Dolls.
I have discovered the cure to my insomnia: EXERCISE!
Five Not-So-Obvious Reasons Why I Must Exercise
- It helps me sleep! There is a drastic, and I mean drastic, difference between the type of sleep I get when I exercise daily and the kind I get when I don't. I feel more rested and ready for the world the next day. That's reason, enough, considering I've been experiencing mind-numbing insomnia.
- I eat better! When I exercise regularly, I feel healthier. Somehow feeling healthier leads me to be healthier all around because I don't want to undo the good efforts I've already done.
- My skin glows. Has anyone else noticed this? I swear it makes a huge different in the tone and "glow" of my skin. Perhaps it's the Vitamin D I get while I'm outside?
- It affects my mood. This is a major one. Exercise is an incredible mood booster, and that's especially true with outdoor exercise. The sun, the fresh air, the exercise. It just makes me happy (afterwards).
- It allows me to be a positive influence. My husband has told me many times that my exercise routine is a huge motivation for his routine. Knowing that the things I do influence other people to make good decisions is a HUGE motivator for me. Goodness is contagious, people!
Speaking of goodness, here's lunch: