Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Day in Santa Monica (in Pictures)

Hey all!

Yesterday, I had to go up to LA to meet my agent. Afterwards, JGago (who drove me up there) and I went to Santa Monica's 3rd and Promenade to have lunch and walk around.

We ate at Le Pain Quotidien (The Daily Bread). It was diviiiiine. Very authentic French country.





I ordered a tartine with ricotta, figs, and agave nectar. To die for. My phone pictures don't do it justice.





Jess ordered the lemon custard for dessert. I was far more interested in hitting up the Coffee Bean for a pure chocolate light. I love those things. It's like a frozen blended hot cocoa with no sugar added. Score!

Her dessert was pretty, though.



Then, we walked around to check out all the shops. I was being good (frugal), so I didn't buy anything. Next week, we're going to Disneyland for my birthday, so I'm saving up for that. We decided to walk the two blocks to the ocean, where we spotted the pier.



San Diego has nothing like this - we were SO excited. We walked all the way to the end, despite the fact that it was freezing. We were rewarded with an adorable little seal. My camera's memory was full, though, so that was the last picture I could take. I forgot my camera. I know. Bad bloggie. Sorry. :(

Today, I've just been playing catch-up. Hubby and I plan to go for a run tonight and spend some quality time together. I'm making spaghetti and salad for dinner.

Tootles,

**Silly Survey**

Have you ever been to LA? Santa Monica?
Where's your favorite city to visit?
Do you prefer vacations where you relax or hit the town?



6 comments:

  1. "Bad bloggie"? Omg, now I remember why I love you so much! hahaha.

    The camera phone didn't take bad pictures, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever been to LA? Santa Monica? Never been to California period...
    Where's your favorite city to visit? Cancun :)
    Do you prefer vacations where you relax or hit the town? If I had to chose I would say relax but typically I have a little of both when I vacation!
    <3 S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day away! So nice to be near the ocean.

    Have you ever been to LA? Santa Monica? neither
    Where's your favorite city to visit? Quebec City
    Do you prefer vacations where you relax or hit the town? Both! I try get both in on every vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see you in my neck of the woods! glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had fun! I've never been to LA or Santa Monica. I lived in Monterey and have been to San Francisco though....does that kinda count?

    I like relaxing and hitting the town. A few days of sight-seeing and a few days of down time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Sydney Australia but I am heading to LA in a few days and I will definitely be going to Santa Monica. I love America and wish I could live in LA! I am not happy that it's cold though! I was hoping to escape from my Sydney wet winter into the Californian sunshine. My favourite cities are Bangkok and LA.....I like busy cities. I like a mix of relaxing and hitting the town on my holidays....I really need a bit of both to enjoy myself. I am also going to San Diego for a few days and I will be heading to the suhi place you recommended. PS: Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have fun and get spoilt!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!