Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quick Food Does Not Mean Fast Food

Good afternoon, my friends!

Today has been go-go-go. My to-do list is growing, and it's already 1:15!!!

Since my life is erratic and chaotic time-wise, I'm going to catch you up on a few yummy meals, and I will try to be better at regularly scheduled blogging. But you know me. Work and school are my life. :D

This morning, I was in a blazing hurry, but a girl's still gotta eat, right?

Photobucket

PB&J Whole Grain English Muffin - Does a body good.

Sped off to class, and thankfully made it on time. I stayed after class today to talk with my nutrition teacher. We talked for almost an hour about dietitican stuff. It was SO interesting. The older I get the more I yearn to learn.

When I got home, I was craving a black bean topped baked potato. No such luck. I am out of black beans. So sad. So sad. I still managed to make a really scrumptious lunch, though. Recently, I used a coupon for Uncle Ben's Sundried Tomato Long-Grain Rice. I ususally don't buy these because of the sodium content, but cheap is cheap. Live a little, right? Still, I couldn't just have plain ol' boxed rice, could I? Absolutely not! Am I a foodie or am I a foodie?


Photobucket

Boxed Rice w/fresh spinach and kidney beans. Tomatoes on the side.

Recent Meals

I've been working ALOT of late nights. Sometimes hubby, in his infinite sweetness, will make me dinner. Last night was one of those nights.


Photobucket

Take this McDonalds. Whole Grain English Muffin w/1 egg and 1/2 slice of cheese. I couldn't eat that for dinner every night, but sometimes it just hits the spot.

Over the weekend (when my life is slightly less hectic), I made soy-chorizo pasta w/spinach & broccoli salads on the side. Delish!

Photobucket




Photobucket



Well, now it's time to get down to the get down. I have six articles and a letter to write by tonight! EEP!

Recent Articles by Mrs. Myers

400 Calorie Fix: Fix or Fantasy?

How to eat healthy on a budget in San Diego

Have a happy and productive day!

--Mrs. Myers

--

5 comments:

  1. I love to make my own egg mcmuffins! I've been doing it a lot recently actually...

    It's funny you wrote an article on that new 400 calorie fix diet, because I was just watching stuff about it this morning on Rachael Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have passion for your work and school. I've been contemplating taking some evening classes to better myself. I love my job, but never expected this for life.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ! I like your rice recipe! mix beens with rice is such a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea they made soy chorizo! What a good idea when you want the zesty spice but not, yknow, saturated fat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pasta looks really yummy! You take lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!