Sunday, November 15, 2009

Kashi Meal Review & a Surprise Party

Good Evening Peeps!

I've been working on my book all night, and I'm just now getting to blog. This is wayyyyy past my usual bedtime, so I'll make it quick.

For lunch today, I tried a Kashi Meal: Lemongrass Coconut Chicken.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Ok, I seriously heart coconut. Where the halibut was the coconut?!? Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I thought it would be really tasty. It has quinoa, which I love, but there was really no flavor. It tasted like chicken, quinoa and snow peas. No flavoring at all. And, it was a bit mushy to boot. I didn't eat it all.

For dinner,I threw something together at lightning speed because I needed to get back to work. Hubby couldn't cook tonight because the Colts were playing (HOLY COW - did you see that game!?).

So, I made Kraft Whole Grain Mac n Cheese with a can of tuna and some fresh broccoli. Served with kiwi on the side. It was actually really tasty.

Photobucket

Sorry, my camera sucks if I'm only using interior lighting (it was already dark outside, so no help from the sun).

Also, last night, we threw my husband a SURPRISE 30th Birthday Party. It was a total hit. He was COMPLETELY surprised.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Yes, a football cake, too. Of course, what else?


Photobucket

Hubby had an absolute blast. A complete success! I can't believe my man is 30!!! It seems so grown up!

And, now... it's really time to go to bed. In the morning, I'm hoping to hit the gym and finish my math homework, all before I have to be in class at 7:30am. SHEESH. We'll see.

See you tomorrow.

xoxo

--Mrs. Myers


--

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRHTDAY to your Husband, I'm glad the party was a success and I love the cake btw.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your successful surprise bday party!!! looks so fun, sighs. next time!
    xo
    char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your hubby!! Looks like the party was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh i love that cake! my fiance would adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww happy bday to the hubby! It looks like you guys had a ball! How have you been? I've been MIA... again lol. I miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!