Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to Eat a Persian Cucumber

I bought some more persian cucumbers from Vine Ripe. Have I mentioned how awesome these things are? I really don't like "normal cucumbers," but these little babies are to die for.


The best way to eat them is to cut them length wise twice, and then slice them down the middle. Like so:


Then, place them flesh side up in a bowl or on a plate and squeeze half a lemon over them and sprinkle with fresh ground sea salt. This is how you have to eat them. Take my word on this.

AMAZING!!!

Alongside them, I had some leftover stuffed pepper filling and some kidney beans for protein. This was lunch yesterday. I played Sudoku while I ate. I love that puzzle!



For dinner, I made chicken drumsticks in the crockpot. This was a simple dish. I threw in the drumsticks and added some light ceasar dressing. They cooked on low for 6 hours. I served them with a salad and green beans.






I swear anything coming out of the crockpot looks scary. Is it just me? :)

**Silly Survey**

(Random) Do You Own Survey

Do you own...
   a crockpot?
   a toaster?
   a riding lawn mower?
   a car?
   a house?
   a tea kettle?
   a grill?
   a shower cap?

Tootles!
  

6 comments:

  1. Do you own...
    a crockpot? yep - We got it for Christmas from my mother in law.
    a toaster? yep, though I prefer a toaster oven
    a riding lawn mower? nope. someday when we actually have a yard big enough for that tho!
    a car? yes, but I share with hubby since his accident, so I never get to drive it.
    a house? I wish!
    a tea kettle? yes! I love it!
    a grill? no, not yet, but hopefully soon
    a shower cap? nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crockpot? Yes but I don't use it that much. I don't like how my meat turns out. I like cooking beans in it.

    a toaster? yep.

    a riding lawn mower? Nope. We don't even have a lawn mower right now...we have to buy one before summer.

    a car? Yes...I have a Mazda 5 that I love!

    a house? Yep...this is our first.

    a tea kettle? Yep.

    a grill? Yep...I put it together myself! I LOVE it!

    a shower cap? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything that comes out of my crockpot looks funny too, especially chicken. I try adding diced tomatoes to it, if it's red, it doesn't look as funny.

    Do you own...
    a crockpot? yes
    a toaster? yes
    a riding lawn mower? 2
    a car? yes
    a house? several
    a tea kettle? yes
    a grill? bbq
    a shower cap? no

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to try these cukes! i love my crockpot and only one thing out of it has scared me - mexican fiesta!

    Do you own...
    a crockpot? yes
    a toaster? yes
    a riding lawn mower? not yet!
    a car? yes
    a house? soon!
    a tea kettle? no
    a grill? not yet!
    a shower cap? yes - always steal them from hotels:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you own...
    a crockpot? yes
    a toaster? yes
    a riding lawn mower? no
    a car? yes
    a house? no
    a tea kettle? yes
    a grill? no
    a shower cap? no

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!