Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When You See Crazy Coming, Cross the Street

My title is a joke and also the mantra of my current life. It’s a long story, but let’s just say that sometimes life ushers Crazy right to your front door step; it’s up to you what to do with it from there. Keep in mind what we learned back when television was actually entertaining (aka: back when Buffy the Vampire Slayer was still on television and reality television had not yet infected America’s living rooms): A vamp can only come into your house if you invite him (or her). So it goes with crazy.

Crazy can be your food issues. It can be issues at work, in your family, with your neighbors. Eating it away, screaming at it, throwing things… Not all that effective. So, what IS effective? Elusively blogging about it, eating well, running often, talking ceaselessly to big, strong, handsome people in your life, and then… dealing with it.

One of the ways, I’m attempting to sort out my food crazies is by keeping a nonline food journal (yes, I just invented a word, meaning not-online). I want a journal that doesn’t automatically tally calories and such for me. Numbers stir up the crazies for me. So, I happened to stop at Big Lot today and randomly saw this cute little journal. Considering, my blog is Eat Move Write, I thought it was pretty appropriate...

Photobucket

Yesterday was Labor Day. Ryan and I celebrated by not laboring at all. He played video games almost all day long and I read my book, hung out with my friend and studied a wee bit (school is technically work, but I enjoy it). Lunch was mostly yummy.
Photobucket

I actually didn’t eat everything pictured. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. Baked potato with veggies as a topping and on the side, ¼ piece pita with a bit of hummus, and a hardboiled egg. The chicken pictured here, I gave away to Ryan and the salad was gross. I bought a new brand of Ceasar Light dressing. BLECH. (Vons Eating Right – ew).

Later, I had a beautiful snacky, which Ryan helped eat. A white nectarine and honey wheat pretzels.

Photobucket

For dinner, I made my own version of chicken parmesan. I hate hate hate tomato sauce, so I use a little olive oil and lots of veggies (see the peas in there). I threw some fresh tomatoes on top and a couple small tenderloins of chicken (lightly fried in EVOO w/whole wheat flour for breading). It was actually the first time I’ve fried anything in like 5 years. They were good, though.
Photobucket

Lunch today was a turkey/pepperjack sandwich with steamed brussel sprouts. YUM! I haven't had brussel sprouts in a loooong time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I got a lot of writing done today. I love productive days! Tonight is Hubby in the Kitchen. He's at it as we speak. Will update tomorrow. Until then, keep track of your crazies, and don't invite them in.
xoxo
--Mrs. Myers
===========

5 comments:

  1. wow it looks like you had a pretty relaxing "laborless day". as did i :D that chicken parm looks BOMB, when are you fed-exing me some?? i'm still waiting for my meat!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love journals! I am a whore for journals! lol I do so much writing online now that I no longer have much use for them, but hey, sometimes it's fun to still do it the old fashioned way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the only person I know who doesn't like tomato sauce.

    I used to love writing journals and still have all my old ones before I discovered blogging.

    Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple "nonline" journals I write in, too. I like the variety, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your title today - and I know what you mean!!

    Love the journal!!

    Hang in there! Good luck with all you have going on!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!